Sunday, October 26, 2008

@ the 2008 FEDISA Graduate Collection Show (25/10/2008)


Wow!!! What a day!!! All I can say is that Allen pulled it off once again! You thought last year was good??? This year was great!!! Simply fantastic! True "fashiontainment" at its best!!!


So what exactly made the day so great???

The venue??? The Rooftop Marquee, above the Aston Martin store at the Waterfront, Cape Town. Need I say more...

The lights??? The Chandelier and lovely vintage lamps.



The TV screens??? Oh my goodness, gold plated antique screens and about a hundred garments on display.




The models??? A classic.


My 3 outfits that made the show... One "Time Shift" Garment, the dramatic outfit and 2 Denim Streetwear Garments following the theme "Volume & Suppression)

The guests??? Over 800... and counting. Tickets were all sold out and there were at least 100 people scrambling for tickets.

The goodie bags??? Elle magazines and vodka.

Need I go on??? Sadly, my flatie took pictures so she felt there was no need to take pictures of the other models. Sigh... so yeah, the pics you'll see are the pics of us and my models. And to get a feel of the show, though you won't see the real graduate collection, the reason for the event, you'll have a feel of the Time Shift outfits that were created my my classmates, most of which made the show...

So... here goes...

Before the show:



Yes we did the make up ourselves... No professionals.

...refabricated the shoes...



and amended garments just before the show...


Tozama sewing the flowers onto her Grim Reaper outfit, her interpretation of "Time Shift"...

Especially me, seeing 1 of my models cancelled on the morning of the show... but that's another story for another day.

Backstage during model rehearsals:



The Show:


My "Time Shift" model on the runway...


Garments by other designers


Tozama accepting her R20,000 Richard Bloom Award from Craig Port


Yours truly, during the finale, right behind one of my Denim models...

Backstage after the show:


My Time Shift Model


One of my 2 Demin Street Wear Designs...


The 2nd denim Street Wear Design... That was initially plain dark blue denim. It was refabricated using Silver and Yellow Spray Paint and Rhinestones. Not bad eh?



Tozama's Grim Reaper model for her Time Shift garment.


The Richard Bloom Award winner & her model...

Back home after the show at our private after party:



I'm trying to upload the other Time Shift garments that some of my other classmates made without much success. Will post those pics later.

Have a great week y'all! MWAH!!!

Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow!!!!gorgeous. Nice job guys.