Saturday, August 23, 2008

Romans 8: 28


I'm not very good at quoting Bible verses. I usually remember the text but not the exact location. But there is one that ALWAYS comes to my mind when I'm either going through a challenge or something has just worked out through God's divine intervention:


Romans 8: 28 "All things work together for good to them that love Him and are called according to His purpose".

I know the italicised portion by heart but googled it to confirm its exact location in the Bible. A search for this verse brought me to this quote on The Jesus's Blog, a sort of mini-sermon on this passage:

"It is a powerful scripture. The power lies in the fact that this is a scripture that explains so much of what goes wrong in our lives. The loss of a job, a betrayal, a death, going bankrupt. It all seems so negative at the time. Nevertheless, God is working out an eternal purpose to bring His plans to pass."

How true this is. You all have read about my latest challenge in my last 2 posts. It is SIMPLY amazing how things have worked out and I thank God for it.

Ok where do I begin...

Househunt yes. Well after this episode, I decided it was time to get my own place. Apart from the costs, I'm not too keen on living alone. As my sister said "sometimes, living with someone gives a sense of security, even if the person is never there". SO I placed an ad looking for someone who is in the same position and who I could sign a lease with.

Well this South African guy responds and we start chatting about our situation and how we could hook up to see if we are compatible. During our conversation, it turns out he's been around quite a few Nigerians... and better still, knows one of my buddies back home!!! I was tooo tripped! I mean, what are the odds of meeting a total stranger, a South African who knows one of your personal peeps back home??? Turns out they met at a training in Paris.

Anywayz, by then I was like... "ok you have no choice, we DEFINITELY are moving in together". The only BUT here is that his lease expires in October... meaning he'll only require a new place in November. Oops! And I have to find a place by 1 September (though I have till 15th to move, I'd rather leave sooner than later). So anywayz, we agreed that I should perhaps find temporary accommodation till his lease expires.

Well I am pleased to say that I have discussed with the chic who owns the flat I said I found 2 days after I got the notice and she says it's ok for me to move in temporarily till I'm ready to move on, provided I give her one month's notice. Further, she's happy to extend the lease if I find that I like it at her place and has not only offered to help me move but said I could move in before the end of the month at no extra cost to me.

So people... all's well that ends well. At times like this, I am speechless at how things work out for me. One minute you feel like you're drowning, and before you know it, you realize that you're just taking a dip in fresh spring water simply because you're thirsty and you need a gulp of water.
It's not because I'm too good but it is simply by His mercy and grace.

People! I have just TOO many testimonies, I don't even know where to begin. But one thing I know is no matter how bleak a situation may seem, there's ALWAYS light at the end of the tunnel. Trust me, I'm living proof of His grace!

Always think to yourself, "It is well. This is just for a short while..." Believe it and it will come to pass.

Enjoy your weekend all!

1 comment:

poeticallytinted said...

I am sooo happy for you. Thank God. was beginning to worry for you. newayz like you said all's well that ends well.

And thanks for the encouraging words, we will do well to remember them every now and then. - Adorable